Saturday, March 16, 2013

Surviving the Earthquake

Today there was an earthquake in Auckland!! Dont worry though, it was only a little one. I was just sitting on my bed and it started shaking, I just assumed my roommate was moving furniture around or something but then everyone started posting on facebook about how there was just an earthquake! It really wasnt scary at all, but it's cool to say that I've felt an earthquake :)

I finally got my schedule figured out on friday, which means that I missed 2 full weeks of 2 of my classes. It's really hard to find classes though because this is the first semester at AUT so none of my engineering classes match up, and they have a different curriculum anyways. So it turns out I am actually getting a semester behind right now, but it is too late to do anything about it so I am just going to go with the flow and enjoy my classes. I'm taking photography, manufacturing technology, mechanical design and analysis and creative process. 

I am loving living in Auckland! It's warm and sunny pretty much every day and there is a ton to do, like markets and festivals and shops and parks. Yesterday, I went to a farmers market and the vendors kept giving us free food, it was so nice. The people are amazing too, New Zealand is such a backpackers country so everyone is really cool and interesting. I am so excited to spend the next few months here!

-Lauren

 The view of Auckland from across the harbor
 Auckland city sky tower and AUT
 The Auckland arts festival
My roommate Nanna at Takapuna beach

No comments:

Post a Comment