Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paris!

This morning I got back from my trip to Paris! I was there for 4 days, using London as my flight departure location. I've been to London a few times now, because the flights are usually pretty cheap out of the airports there.

Paris is stunning, and there is just so much to see! Being a student gave my friend and I an advantage, because we rarely had to pay for any of the sightseeing. European college students get in free for most places, which was a nice way to save some money. Paris can be pretty pricey, between the food and entertainment. The shopping was amazing, and I really want to go back some day.

We saw so much in such a short period of time. The metro makes it very easy to see everything you need to see, and the train brings you to anywhere a little farther away; such as Versailles. We saw the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam, Arc Triomphe, Opera, Champs de Mais, Place Concord, The Louvre, Luxemborg, and many more things we just came across. It was unbelieveable having the opportunity to see such historical sights. Looking at the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dam, etc. was unbelievably incredible.

The buildings were amazingly beautiful, the food was delicious, and the people were very friendly. Most people spoke English, but when they couldn't I could speak Spanish with them. Everyone is bound to know one of the two. Unfortunately for me, I cannot speak French at all. This was never really a problem though. The crepes and french cheese were so amazing. Creperies and crepe stands were everywhere!

Paris is such a beautiful city, and you could be a tourist there for months finding new things every day.

The Eiffel Tower was breathtaking.

The Arc de Triomphe was so pretty at night.

The view from the top of the Eiffel Tower was amazing.

This was adorable, Le pont des arts.

My friend Dylan and I in front of The Louvre.

Luxembourg was so pretty.

Notre Dam was exactly how I had pictured it would be.

I was not expecting to see the Statue of Liberty in Luxembourg.

The gold details at Versailles were incredible.

Versailles was filled with picture perfect scenes.



Looking forward to more adventures to come. Some day, I will go back to Paris.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment