Friday, March 22, 2013

London Again and More Travels.

Things have really started picking up for me. I have been traveling a lot and constantly busy! I am having a lot of fun with the friends that I have made here. I should note that Newcastle is known for it's night life among other things such as the original castle which I've noted in an earlier blog post. The culture is much different than that of Upstate New York. Interacting with the local "Geordies" is quite the experience. This is what the locals to Newcastle are called. They have a distinct accent that is borderline Scottish. I often struggle to understand them. Their accents are easily distinguishable from London locals once you hear it enough. Also, I have been spending time with people from back home who I meet up with for travels. It's nice getting visitors in the UK. Clarkson student, Alex Slemp, came to visit me in London and Newcastle.

I made my way to London again, and did the usual tourist things. I also got to see some new things, which was very nice. London is an amazing city, I can say for sure that it is my favorite city. I've been there a few times now because it is so easy and cheap to get there. I always find new exciting things to see! This time, I stayed in a hotel for a few nights to enjoy the city. I feel very comfortable here, which makes sense really. It's hard to believe that I have been here for so long.


I had a nice time with my international friends at a night club.

Visiting Westminster Abbey, London.

Cornell and Clarkson educations coming in handy at the Science Museum in London.


Enjoying Espressos and Lattes at Nude Espresso, London.

American students enjoying the shore at Lindisfarne-The Holy Island, UK.
 
Touring the Lindisfarne Castle, and enjoying the beautiful views.
I am leaving for Barcelona, Spain today. I am really looking forward to warmer weather! It is so rainy and cold in Newcastle lately. I will be there for four days.

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment