Sunday, February 3, 2013

Island Hopping


Today is the first rainy day since I have been here. Perfect for watching the superbowl! Its really weird watching it abroad because the commercials are different so you don’t get the full effect.

I am on day 12 of my tour around New Zealand and I made it to the south island a few days ago. We had to take a 3 hour ferry to get here and the ride was really gorgeous.

I haven’t been doing as many activities because my money supply is running out really quickly, but tomorrow I am going heli-hiking! We are going hiking on a glacier, but first a helicopter is dropping us off. I cant wait!!

He taonga no te whenua me hoki ano ki te whenua

That means “what is given by the land should return to the land”
Everyone in New Zealand is all about recycling and saving water and conserving energy, its really cool.

-Lauren 

 We had a campfire on the beach the other night. There were no s'mores though because they dont have graham crackers in NZ! :(
 The tour bus, where I've been spending about 90% of my time since I got here.
 This is Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings! I didnt climb it, but the hike that I did took 7 hours.
 I forgot what this waterfall is called but the water was freezing!
 Some people went white water rafting in River Valley
 Its so beautiful here.
We were driving along in the bus when a herd of sheep roadblocked us.

No comments:

Post a Comment