Monday, February 4, 2013

Newcastle is such a Beautiful City.

My roommates and I do a lot of walking around the city of Newcastle, and it seems like there is always something new to discover. I walk around the shops almost every day with my French roommate. We are both taking business classes at the University, so our schedules are pretty similar. We really enjoy checking out all of the stores and becoming more familiar with the area.

The weather here is much warmer than at home, but it rains all the time on and off. I could wear rain boots every day and it would be appropriate. I can't complain, because it's rain and not snow. It gets really sunny in spurts, but then it gets cloudy. Overall, the weather is so unpredictable.

I am still in awe with the spectacular views. It seems that everywhere I turn, there is a picture perfect scene. This includes brick buildings, cobblestone walkways, and a combination of old and new architecture. It is amazing that such old buildings are used for stores. The outsides of the buildings are preserved, as the insides are fashioned towards whichever purpose they serve. I love seeing all of the beautiful cathedrals, the castle, the bridges, and the rest of the architecture that creates such a lovely environment. I don't think it will get old.


This is the castle in which Newcastle was named after.


This is the Cathedral Church of St.Nicholas, Newcastle Upon Tyne.


My roommates and I were sitting on the steps of the Castle.


This is a breathtaking view of the Millennium Bridge.

I am going to explore Newcastle some more today, who knows what else I will find!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment