Thursday, April 25, 2013

Part 1 of Spring Break: Barcelona!

Things here have been very busy, so I will be splitting my spring break up into a few parts.

I went to Barcelona, Spain during the beginning of my spring break. I had an amazing time. Barcelona was beautiful; the weather was warm, the sightseeing was so nice, and the nightlife was very fun. The culture in Barcelona is slightly different, in that they wish to be independent of the rest of Spain. They speak their own form of Spanish called Catalan, which is a slight mixture between French and Spanish. It was so interesting experiencing their culture. We watched Flamenco dancing, had tapas and sangria, saw the Sagrada Familia and other tourist sights, visited the beach, shopped, etc. I would love to go back to Spain...someday I will.

Standing in front of the Sagrada Familia.

The fruit selection at Las Ramblas market was huge.

We enjoyed ordering different tapas which are basically small plates/appetizers.

The beach at Barcelona was beautiful, this is the group of international students that I traveled with.

The nightlife in Barcelona was unlike anything we had seen before.

The piers were so pretty with all of the boats.
-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment