Tuesday, October 22, 2013

G'day from Melbourne

Brighton Beach

Hello Friends

It's been a crazy last few weeks of classes, but I have now officially attended my last class in Australia... For now. Final exams begin next week so I am in "study" mode this week. By study I mean get out and soak in as much of Australia as I can hold as I near my departure date, just weeks away.

It is crazy to think that in just over a month I will be back home in the cold giving thanks and stuffing my face with turkey and pumpkin pie. And don't get me wrong, I love pumpkin pie. But I am going to miss this place. Melbourne is one of those cities that's charm doesn't fully hit you until about the second month of living here. When you start to venture out of your comfort zone and wander around a corner and down a seemingly vacant alley only to find another small cluster of vibrant and unique shops and restaurants to explore.

I am also just fully grasping the usefulness of public transport. For those of you planning to study here on exchange you should be able to get a student concession card which saves you 50% on all public transport! I can get just about anywhere in the state via PT and for very reasonable prices. That being said, it is also useful to have friends with cars. I've attached some pictures of my recent trip down the Great Ocean Road. That would have been a tough trip to do via PT but because I was able to jump on with one of my car-owning mates and it turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip so far. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Hope you all are enjoying classes!

I'll see good old green and gold soon.

Cheers

Lucas

Some abandoned beach just down the Great Ocean Road

Australia's iconic Twelve Apostles along the Great Ocean Road

More of the stunning sights along the Great Ocean Road

Atop the Shrine of Remembrance, Looking back at the city of Melbourne, my home.

Shanghai Dumpling House, one of the cheapest and most delicious places to eat in Melbs

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful information. Your unique content do cleared my dobts about how to get into abroad universities This will guide many like me to find the best Study in Australia without ielts

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth reading your content, Please keep on sharing such a wonderful content. Study in Germany from India after 12th Global Degrees serves as the gateway for Indian students to embark on a transformative academic expedition in Germany after completing their 12th grade. The partnership between Global Degrees and German universities fosters an environment where students can thrive academically, culturally, and personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all thank you for sharing a beautiful content and also check Bhutan Property for sale .

    ReplyDelete